On 02/11/2007, Ceri Davies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Abstention is a removal of oneself from a process, generally due to a
> > > serious conflict of interest (generally, an inability to provide an
> > > unbiased response) of one sort or another.
> > >
> > > Proper consideration of the OGB's position on an issue should actually be
> > > consideration of all the members of the OGB who have not abstained from
> > > discussion.  The full set minus abstentions.
> > >
> > > It sounds like the OGB is being rather consistent.
> >
> > Consistent and understandable to people not used to layers of
> > bureaucracy are two different things. All I'm asking for is to be
> > approachable and clear in communication.
> >
> > What I get instead is a torrent emails repeating some lame dictionary
> > definitions many people probably aren't familiar with.
>
> Shawn, "abstain" only has one meaning.  It's perfectly consistent and in
> layman's terms as it stands.

Abstain has only one meaning but was not used in the context given.
The key phrase that I saw was "with one voice" which clearly has a
completely different meaning to many people. So please stop playing
word games with me.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all uses of all
junction types--in the absence of quantum computing the combinatorics
are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall