> By the way (and not directed just at you), speaking of "Sun" as a
> decision-maker is unhelpful in my view. "Sun" is a legal fiction[1]
> and plenty of people with divergent opinions in this community work
> speak on its behalf. It is far better to name names when a decision
> is concerned - they have all been taken by a living person somewhere
> since legal fictions are unable to do so.

Re: Blaming Sun Microsystems for everything :)

I appreciate that you don't want to be stereotyped. But you can see why it is
hard for the public to understand who is responsible for what, and why they
take the easy way out and blame the company you work for.  One person would
blame Glynn because he did the release announcement.  I might blame Ian because
he is getting blame from some others.  But we could be totally wrong.  What if
someone else in the company is telling Glynn or Ian what to do?!  I really
don't know :(

Just to have a clue about what individual to blame, I have to try to understand
the corporate structure because that structure determines who has the
responsibility for what.  But nobody wants to try to figure all that out, and
they shouldn't have to either.  So we blame Sun Microsystems.

I'll try to identify individuals right now though.  I'm GUESSING Ian is one
unknown VP away from Jonathan Schwartz.  And of course Schwartz is the captain
of the ship.  Who decides what, I don't know though.  I'll assume whole
responsibility is found between the two of them.

So in the case of this naming debacle, even if I identify the right
individuals, there is small chain of responsibility that ends in Jonathan
Schwartz doing what he thinks will make the company money.  To me this puts the
blame right back on "Sun Microsystems".

Casting such a wide international net is correct but inaccurate.  I know that
while I've found the responsible party somewhere in my generalization, I've
also caught you and thousands of others in my net.  ..Sorry about that :)