On 26/11/2007, Darren J Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [Reply-To set to security-discuss, please respect and do NOT cross post]
>
> Mark Drummond wrote:
> > How difficult would it be to add a switch to passwd which allows a
> > privileged user to select the password hashing scheme?
>
> Pretty easy, and in fact I have it prototyped (I did the work about 2 or
> 3 years ago) by using a new user_attr(4) key=value pair.

Thanks Darren. I suppose this is a bit of a corner case. I'm looking
for a feature to deal with one poorly behaved app. Better that IBM fix
DB2 (and it might well be fixed in DB2 9 or even a V8 fixpack), but
the flexibility in passwd or usermod would be nice.

Cheers,
Mark

--
Georgia: Why am I not doing what they're doing?
Rube: Because you're doing what you're doing. When it's time for you