Yue Chen writes:
> I searched on Sun site and found that following bug is similar to my issue.
> program hangs writing 1K bytes or more to pseudo terminal
> bug 1209258
> http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-1-1209258-1 - Jun 6,
> 1995
> But this bug is reported in 1995, rather ancient one. Does it still
> not fixed? I am so puzzled.
> Could anyone explain this to me?

It was closed as "not a bug" on the same day it was filed back in
1995.

The problem, as best I can tell, was with the test program.  It was
writing data but the other end wasn't reading anything, so the writing
end was blocked.  The program was blocked; it was not losing data.

I don't think that CR has much to do with the problem you're
reporting.  File a bug.