Dr David Kirby said:
"I'm reading a white paper published by Sun regarding the porting efforts from
SPARC to x86. Where is the white paper? I would be interested in passing it to
Mathworks to try to encourage them to port MATLAB from SPARC to x86. "

The Mathworks products I've researched are pretty much portable to the Solaris
x86 platforms. They could port their whole product suite that is currently
running on Linux or Solaris SPARC to Solaris x86.

The issue for most ISVs is more of a long term support, training, and budget
issue - not really a 'can we port to Solaris x86' issue.

~ Ken Mays