On 12 Dec 2007, at 18:47, Mark Drummond wrote:

> I am trying to install SXDE 9/07 in a vmware 6.x vm. After stepping
> through the installation GUI, when I click the last button to begin
> the install, the GUI comes back immediately with an "installation
> failed" error message, *but* the installer is actually still
> running in teh background. My disk and the dvd drive are still
> spinning and you can see installf in the ps output.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

I've seen a similar result when my root partition wasn't big enough
to support the upgrade I was attempting, but I don't recall if the
installer was actually still running in that case.

Only way I found out the real cause of the error in my case was to
run the old installer instead, so you might try that.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]            GNOME Desktop Team