I've been using linux for two years, but recently got tired of the constant
bugs. My main use is building ruby on rails applications.

Is there a Ruby on Rails port for OS? How about MySQL?

I have a widescreen 22 inch monitor at 1680x1050. Some Linux distros have
problems with the resolution. How is OS with monitor resolutions and a modern
Nvidia 3D card?

I have an ext3 partition (and WinXP/NTFS on the same hard drive) that Ubuntu
currently rests on. Does the OS installer have partition manager and will it
preserve my NTFS partition? Can I simply wipe/format the ext3 partition and
install OS on it? Can it read NTFS drives with the proper app?

What about popular Linux apps? I like Amarok to listen to while I work, is
something like this possible to install?

Ubuntu has synaptic, Fedora has yum, OpenSuse has yast. Is there a comparable
package manager and download option in OS or is it back to dependency land and
manual installs on everything?

My interest in OpenSolaris is from the fact that I'd like to eventually be a
system administer for a Linux and/or Unix environment. I also know that Solaris
is very stable. Spending time in Unix seems like a good idea, but I also need
an operating system for my regular contract work--which is web development in
Rails.