Hi All,

 Just wondered if I could get a quick poll on the need for a 24V DC 1U
industrial PLC.

 I've been working with a vendor in Taiwan and now have one in my lab,
it takes SX86 10 U4 B12b and OpenSolaris without any issues and I just
completed the HCT test on it.

 These are the specifications:

Processor/Cache        Intel Pentium M 1.4GHz / 2M L2 Cache Processor on
Board
                                   FSB 400
Chipset                       IntelĀ® 855GME, IntelĀ® ICH4
                                   Chrontel CH7009
System Memory          Two SODIMM DIMMs socket support up to 2GB
unbuffer and ECC Memory (DDR333/400)
BIOS                            Award 4Mbit PnP Flash BIOS with function
of BIOS redirected to COM port
EIDE interface             Support two ATA 66/100 EIDE channels
(44-pins).
Super I/O                     Controller: Winbond W83627HG
                                   Detection of CPU temperature, system
temperature, power failure
                                   Support 2 RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 ports
w/ isolate feature. And another are 2 RS-232 w/ isolate feature.
USB                            4 USB 2.0 (Two USB ports connector,
another two ports for Pin reserved)
VGA                            Integrated with Intel 855GME, it can
support CRT / DVI (by CH7009)
LAN                            4 LAN (10/100/1000Mbps) ports; all
10/100/1000Mbps ports all are belong to the Intel 82541PI.
                                  The 4-port all can support the PXE
boot
                                  RJ-45 w/LED: 4-port (LAN0 ~ LAN3); it
can show the LAN transfer rate, link and tx/rcv.
Connectors
                    Com Ports: 4-port (COM0, COM1, COM2, COM3)
                    One PS/2 connector
                    One DVI connector w/DVI to VGA converter
                    Two USB connectors
                    Four Pre-punched Holes for ProfiBus ports (Hilscher
CIF 104P-PB PCI104 modules is not Included)
                    Two PCI104 slots
                    Pin-header: 2x USB (2 x 5-pin)
                    USB type A Connector x 2
                    Buzzer
                    4-pin connector to open frame power supply (DC24v to
DC12v)
Watchdog Timer       Need to have two WDT (one was Integrated in LPC,
other one is from south bridge).
Other Features         Replaceable Battery, and read the status off BIOS
                                 Serial # Store in DMI of the BIOS
                                 Pin header for system reset button
                                 Support BIOS redirect to COM port
feature
                                 Design ready for support power, HD and
two programmable LED indicators in the same side with
                                 RJ-45 LED
                                 On/Off Switch
OS Compatibility       Linux Red Hat, Linux kernel 2.4 & 2.6, Sun
Solaris GRUB 0.95
                               Support SDK in Solaris environment that
is sample code to trigger the LED to be programmable.
Power              Internal 24V DC Power Supply
>From Factor        1U Desktop with Rack mount Bracket and Din Rail Mount
Accessories
Environmental      Operating Temperature: Main Board 0o C to 60oC
                   Operation Temperature: System 0o C to 50oC (+/-5 oC)
                   Storage Temperature: -20oC to 70oC
                   Relative Humidity: 95%, non-condensing at temperature
of 40oC or 104oF

David Clack

Solaris X86 Evangelist
Senior Systems Engineer