> Hello,
>
> Its been a while since I looked at getting a SATA
> controller for my Sun Blade 1000. At the moment the
> best option (i.e. the cheapest one that is known to
> definately work) that I can see is the LSI Logic
> 3041X-R. This is a four port card, and I really only
> need two ports. This costs around 131 pounds (UK).
> Does anyone know of a two port card for less than 100
> pounds that will work with OpenSolaris on SPARC?

There's a whole family of those - see
http://www.lsi.com/storage_home/products_home/host_bus_adapters/sas_hbas/advanced_connectivity/index.html

for any of those that are PCI-X (_not_ PCI-Express!) and have the port
configuration
(external or internal, type of connector) you want.

Most are actually _8_ port, but you can sometimes find a deal.  I found an
LSISAS3800x
(8-port external w. the Infiniband style connectors) on eBay for US $99 for the
bare board
awhile back - I think someone had gotten a bulk pack and was unloading the
extras that
they didn't need.  That is not typical (don't see any right now that are such a
good deal), but it
could happen.  All that lot use the LSISAS1064 (4-port) or LSISAS1068 (8-port)
chip, and are
probably pretty much equivalent as far as the OS is concerned.
Probably most PCI/PCI-X boards that used those chips
would be equivalent and use the same driver (of which there are two at the
moment, the mpt driver
that comes with OpenSolaris right now, and the itmpt driver that can be
downloaded from LSI's site).

The other drivers/chipset's I've seen man pages on b81 for
(ahci(7d), marvell88sx(7d), nv_sata(7d), si3124(7d)) are AFAIK x86-only.  I
don't know that there's
anything but those supported by the mpt(7d) or LSI's itmpt driver that will
actually work on SPARC
(let alone boot, which requires fCode firmware, which I think the LSI's have).

But maybe there's stuff out there I didn't find - you could check the driver
list, or bigadmin, or a few
other places too.