On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 7:07 PM, Uwe Dippel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> jabrewer, thanks.
>  In my original post I talked about installing another Solaris, not an
> upgrade. Like Indiana, Sol10, you name it.
>  A current default layout offers one free slice, second_root. That might not
> be enough for all.
>  I might not want to share /export/home.
>
>  One could say: Back to the original question 'Multiboot ...?'

If you actually read about LiveUpgrade, you would see that it was
designed to support multiple instances of Solaris. It isn't just for
upgrading, it's just that is the primary use.

While I don't believe you can currently multiboot Indiana with it, you
could, for example, boot:

* Solaris 10
* Solaris Express Developer Edition (01/08 and prior)
* Solaris Express Community Edition
...etc.

LiveUpgrade has tools that allow you to switch between alternate boot
environments.

As for the type of multiboot support you might be used to, that is
being worked on, but it is not a priority at this stage from what I've
read. It will eventually be done though.

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"To err is human -- and to blame it on a computer is even more so." -
Robert Orben