On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Dennis Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  > On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Mario Goebbels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >> >>  Don't know about anyone else but that link does not work from here.
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >
>  >>  > I actually downloaded it.
>  >>  >
>  >>  > zizz:/home/imp>       ls -l /data/images/sxce/sol-nv-b84-x86-dvd.iso
>  >>  > -rw-r--r--   1 imp      imp      3953131520 Mar  9 01:27
>  >>  > /data/images/sxce/sol-nv-b84-x86-dvd.iso
>  >>  > zizz:/home/imp>
>  >>
>  >>  Is it actually b84, or is it b83 with a different filename?
>  >
>  > Looks pretty much b84 to me. It comes with CIFS client,
>  > so it has to be b84...
>  >

>  I was getting errors over and over and then finally I was able to download
>  the ISO image.  Looks like snv_84 to me.
>
>  The new installer, while simple, is a little too simple. I am installing a
>  server and it never asks me for ip address nor can I specify the uid and gid
>  of the first new user. I can not layout the disk as I see fit either.

Remember that the new installer isn't finished yet, and some of this
functionality will be added back eventually.

I don't know if the ip address prompt will be added back because of nwam.

I also don't know if the uid/gid is coming back.

I do know that the disk layout (to a certain extent) will return.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"To err is human -- and to blame it on a computer is even more so." -
Robert Orben