On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 4:55 AM, Andrii <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>  Could somebody please help me....
>  Several days ago I've installed Opensolaris:
>
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~]$ uname -a
>  SunOS ulya 5.11 snv_78 i86pc i386 i86pc
>
>  I used default settings for disk size and patritions.
>  The root patrition is 1.2GB but after installation of soft I saw that free
> disk space was been ended. I removed all directories which had big size to
> /export/home/ and created symlinks....But now the free space still is not
> enouth for normal work:(
>
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~]$ df -h
>  Filesystem             size   used  avail capacity  Mounted on
>  /dev/dsk/c1d0s0        1.2G   1.1G    83M    94%    /
>  /devices                 0K     0K     0K     0%    /devices
>  /dev                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /dev
>  ctfs                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /system/contract
>  proc                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /proc
>  mnttab                   0K     0K     0K     0%    /etc/mnttab
>  swap                   1.9G   640K   1.9G     1%    /etc/svc/volatile
>  objfs                    0K     0K     0K     0%    /system/object
>  sharefs                  0K     0K     0K     0%    /etc/dfs/sharetab
>  /usr/lib/libc/libc_hwcap1.so.1
>                        1.2G   1.1G    83M    94%    /lib/libc.so.1
>  fd                       0K     0K     0K     0%    /dev/fd
>  swap                   1.9G   224K   1.9G     1%    /tmp
>  swap                   1.9G    24K   1.9G     1%    /var/run
>  /dev/dsk/c1d0s7        145G   496M   143G     1%    /export/home
>  /dev/cdrom             3.4G   3.4G     0K   100%    /mnt/cdrom

Did you install Solaris Express Community Edition?

Did you make your root partition that small, or did you let the
installer choose for you?

You will likely have to reinstall choose better sizes.

>  I would like to ask do anybody know what means this string:
>
>  /usr/lib/libc/libc_hwcap1.so.1       1.2G   1.1G    83M    94%
> /lib/libc.so.1

OpenSolaris mounts a libc for your hardware on what is called a
"loopback mount".

You can ignore this as it is not actually taking the amount of space listed.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"To err is human -- and to blame it on a computer is even more so." -
Robert Orben