Hi,

I am having an issue with syslogd not running on Solaris 9.

# /etc/rc2.d/S74syslog start
syslog service starting.
savecore: open("/dev/conslog"): No such device or address
savecore: open("/dev/conslog"): No such device or address

This is because of this command:

# /usr/bin/savecore -m
savecore: open("/dev/conslog"): No such device or address

Checking the existence of /dev/conslog and it does exist anyway!
# ls -l /dev/conslog
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         31 May  4  2006 /dev/conslog ->
../devices/pseudo/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:conslog

# ls -l /devices/pseudo/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:conslog
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     sys       21,  0 May  4  2006 /devices/pseudo/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]:conslog

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this? I looked at many sources of
information through Google and none was specific to this issue. Anyone who
knows the answer is welcome.

Thank you.

Trevor