No it's not the primary partition.
There is currently Mandriva installed (the only Linux that could drive
my wireless network), which makes use of the primary partition.

I also don't understand that according to the SXDE partition wizard there
are two unused partitions:
One before the 'etx3' and another one after the Linux swap.
So according to the SXDE the Linux OS is somewhere in the middle of the disk.

Or could it be that there is still some hidden partition not seen by the Linux
partitioner? The notebook used to run on Vista and if I'm correct they use
a hidden partition on the disk to reinstall Vista in case of a crash.
Perhaps SXDE recognizes this.