Hi,

can somebody help me with the numbers presented by prstat -a?
They just don't seem to match up for me:
$ ps -u smmsp -o rss,vsz,osz
 RSS  VSZ   SZ
 856 8568 1071

prstat -a -u smmsp
   PID USERNAME  SIZE   RSS STATE  PRI NICE      TIME  CPU PROCESS/NLWP
   667 smmsp    8568K  856K sleep   59    0   0:00:00 0,0% sendmail/1
 NPROC USERNAME  SWAP   RSS MEMORY      TIME  CPU
     1 smmsp    1384K 5888K   0,1%   0:00:00 0,0%

What I am confused about is the total in the lower part of prstat -a: RSS is
something totally different than the number presented for the single individual
process' rss...

Can anybody tell me what the numbers in the lower part mean?

TIA,
Thomas