Hi,

I have a Compaq 6710b laptop with the BM5787 mobile gigabit network cad.
All nevada builds give very poor performance, network wise. SCP
sessions stall, sites take two minutes to open, etc.

Under Solaris 10u4 I had the same problem with the bge driver, which I
fixed by installing the BCME driver from the broadcom site, but this
driver doesn't seem to work under opensolaris (it gives softmac
errors).

In my syslog I see the following messages thrown every 1 second:
May  6 11:30:19 laptop-upc syseventconfd[1037]: [ID 898775
daemon.error] process 1039 exited with status 5
May  6 11:30:19 laptop-upc rcm_daemon[1044]: [ID 988102 daemon.error]
IP: Device consumers prohibit offline(bge0)

As as I stop the network traffic, the errors disapear.

Is anyone else having this problem and is there a work around? I am
using b88 at the moment.

--
Patrick