On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 9:10 PM, GNU Watch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have heard nothing but broken promises from Ian Murdock and other big whigs
> at sun saying that opensolaris will be released under the GPLv3. Many
> developers dont want to invest time to opensolaris until it is under the
> GPLv3 because the CDDL doesnt protect users and developers freedoms as well.
> Will this ever happen? and when? I started contributing to Opensolaris
> because i thought it was going to be gpl'd in the near future like what was
> promised from sun. I honestly feel let down by sun because empty promises and
> murdock who abandoned debian.

Sun has never promised that it would be released under the GPLv3 to my
knowledge.

As far as I know, it has always been a *consideration*, not a *promise*.

In addition, it has been the choice of our community members so far to
not adopt that license.

If you can provide a link to a quote where Sun has promised this, I
would be interested to see it.

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker

"To err is human -- and to blame it on a computer is even more so." -
Robert Orben