Darryl Gove, author of the recent Prentice Hall publication, "Solaris
Application Programming", will be joining us for this month's meeting.
This is an excellent book for OpenSolaris developers at large.

This month we're planning to change the format, in interest of a community
meeting where members of the community can be more interactive with each
other.

The typical format for a user group is to have a 1-2 hour presentation,
with questions...and rather than focusing on a large presentation, I'd
like to try and have several small presentation, including the members of
the community who have helpful or interesting things they're doing on
OpenSolaris. I've thought of having several laptops that users could
wander around to and watch a short presentation, but not sure we can have
that setup this month or not.

We will continue meeting in the Mansion, and will try to use the space
inside to suite our needs, please join us in this special space and enjoy
the company of your fellow OpenSolaris and other open source community
members as well.

I spoke at the BayLISA meeting last week, and will be speaking at SVLUG on
June 4th, and EBLUG on June 18th. I'm inviting other communities to join
us, and would like to hear from some of them if they would like to give
the community a perspective on the system(s) they use, what they use them
for, and/or if they have interest in OpenSolaris.

Please feel free to join us, for a drink, a snack, some good open source
talk, and a chance to talk to some of the OpenSolaris engineers. Feel free
to bring your own bottle, a snack, or something to share if inclined, no
entry required so feel free to join us without concern of bringing
something.

  When: Thursday, May 22, 2008
Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (SCA07, the Mansion)
  What: Darryl Gove - Solaris Application Programming
  Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm

Google Maps:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=4070+George+Sellon+Circle,+Santa+Clara,$

SVOSUG Project Page, for video:
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/svosug/

If you haven't been to the Mansion before, as you enter the Sun campus on
Palm, from Lafayette, the Mansion is the first building on the left, as I
recall. There is parking all around, a small lot in the rear, parking on
Palm, and a huge lot on the other side of the Auditorium.

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 IHV/OEM Group