I have sftp the SUNWMFRUN directory from CD SOLARIS_10/PRODUCT/ to server
/var/tmp.  I have either tried:
cd /var/tmp
pkgadd -d SUNWmfrun

or
pkgadd -d /var/tmp/SUNMFRUN SUNWmfrun

or
cd /var/tmp/SUNWMFRUN
pkgadd -d . SUNWmfrun

the output case1 is:
pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed
   - open of <SUNWmfrun> failed, errno=2