On 5 Jun 2008, at 02:46, Euan Thoms wrote:

> Printing: We need CUPS, either by default or a really easy switch.

It's on the way.  CUPS was integrated into Nevada build 87;
OpenSolaris is based on Nevada build 86.

> Multimedia: This is one area I was really hoping Indiana would work
> on, those application menu entries are just teasers, like dangling
> candy in front of kid. Disappointed with lack of progress here.

As you probably know, our hands are somewhat tied wrt the codecs we're
allowed to distribute without paying licence fees.  Until Sun decides
that's a good use of its money, we're always looking into ways of
providing a better user experience though, such as the possibility of
including codeina <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Multimedia/Codeina>.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]            GNOME Desktop Team