While I love new stuff to play with, I think that a bit more transparency about
the plans for the distribution would be appreciated by all users. Opensolaris
2008.5 has been awesome for us as a server platform so far. Although we're
still testing things out, it's been a nice comprimise between the support and
stability in Solaris 10 and the cutting edge features in nevada derivative
distros like nexenta.

But correct me if i'm wrong, I don't think it was ever made clear that
opensolaris 2008.5 was going to have the same rapid release schedule as nevada?

Remember, the 'open' in 'open source' is much deeper then just access to source
control... :)