I have installed OpenSolaris in a USB disk through my IBM Thinkpad T43. I
tried to install the iwi driver through GUI-based package manager because
the wireless is not supported defaulty by OpenSolaris200805.
During installation of  SUNWiwi driver package, I have noticed that it
depends on 12 other package and the total installaltion downloads about 85MB
data from the repository. After finishing the installation, I reboot the
system immediately, then errors happens as following:

not found: spa_boot_init
not found : hvmboot_rootconf
do_relocations: /kernel/amd64/genunix do_relocate failed
krtld: error during initial load/link phase

krtld count neither locate nor resolve symbols for:
            /platform/i86pc/kernel/amd64/unix
in the boot archive. Please verify that this file
matches what is found in the boot archive.
You may need to boot using the Solaris failsafe to fix this.
Unable to boot
Press any key to reboot.

With this error info, I think that the Grub has tried to load 64bit-kernel,
but my T43 should be only 32-bit capable. Then I modify the entry in grub
menu as following
bootfs rpool/ROOT/opensolaris
kernel$ /platform/i86pc/kernel/unix -B $ZFS-BOOTFS
module$ /platform/i86pc/boot_archive
But it still shows similar error as following:

 not found: spa_boot_init
not found : hvmboot_rootconf
do_relocations: /kernel/genunix do_relocate failed
krtld: error during initial load/link phase

krtld count neither locate nor resolve symbols for:
            /platform/i86pc/kernel/unix
in the boot archive. Please verify that this file
matches what is found in the boot archive.
You may need to boot using the Solaris failsafe to fix this.
Unable to boot
Press any key to reboot.

But on my command line of grub, I do following:
grub> root
 (hd0,0,a): Filesystem type is zfs, partition type 0xbf
grub>  find /platform/i86pc/kernel/unix
 (hd0,0,a)
 (hd1,1,a)

I think this means that grub can find unix file on my USB disk. Then I have
serveral questions for this issues:
(1) Does installation of iwi driver need the update of system kernel so that
it need downloads about 85MB data from repository? In my general thinking,
the driver installation should be very simple.
(2) Why grub try to load 64bit kernel, not 32bit kernel, after the
installation of SUNWiwi?
(3) How to solve this issue?

Thanks
Zhihui