Okay, no matter how hard I try I just can't get the disk speeds to be remotely
reasonable on Indiana snv_91.

Here are the stats on the box in question:

SunOS web 5.11 snv_91 i86pc i386 i86pc

pci8086,346c, instance #0 (driver name: ahci)
    disk, instance #0 (driver name: sd)
    disk, instance #1 (driver name: sd)

       0. c5t0d0 <DEFAULT cyl 60798 alt 2 hd 255 sec 63>
          /[EMAIL PROTECTED],0/pci8086,[EMAIL PROTECTED],2/[EMAIL PROTECTED],0
       1. c5t1d0 <ATA-WDC WD5000AAJS-2-1C01-465.76GB>
          /[EMAIL PROTECTED],0/pci8086,[EMAIL PROTECTED],2/[EMAIL PROTECTED],0

        NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        rpool         ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror      ONLINE       0     0     0
            c5t0d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c5t1d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0

Writing dd if=/dev/zero of=foo.bin count=55500  will write to disk from
1.1megs/sec to 3.3megs/sec *tops* I can't get the disk to write any faster. The
system I/O is just at a crawl.

Quad core xeon, 2 SATA 7200 RPM drivers / zfs root mirror.

I have detached the second drive and benched both of the drives, both come back
with slow results.

What could it possibly be? motherboard bug?
System Configuration: Intel S5000PAL.
BIOS Configuration: Intel Corporation S5000.86B.10.00.0085.112920071426
11/29/2007
BMC Configuration: IPMI 2.0 (KCS: Keyboard Controller Style)

==== Processor Sockets ====================================

Version                          Location Tag
-------------------------------- --------------------------
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5355  @ 2.66GHz CPU1

==== Memory Device Sockets ================================

Type    Status Set Device Locator      Bank Locator
------- ------ --- ------------------- --------------------
Unknown in use 1   ONBOARD DIMM_A1     Channel A
Unknown in use 2   ONBOARD DIMM_A2     Channel A
Unknown empty  1   ONBOARD DIMM_B1     Channel B
Unknown empty  2   ONBOARD DIMM_B2     Channel B
Unknown empty  5   ONBOARD DIMM_C1     Channel C
Unknown empty  6   ONBOARD DIMM_C2     Channel C
Unknown empty  5   ONBOARD DIMM_D1     Channel D
Unknown empty  6   ONBOARD DIMM_D2     Channel D

==== On-Board Devices =====================================
ATI Rage XL
Intel 82546EB Ethernet 1
Intel 82546EB Ethernet 2
ESB2 Integrated SATA Controller
NS PC87427 SIO3

ID  Status    Type             Description
1   available PCI Express      FH Slot 1, PCI EXP x8
1   available PCI Express      LP Slot 1, PCI EXP x8
10  available PCI Express      I/O Module

I hope this is enough information.