Hi,

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 09:31:21PM -0500, Steven Stallion wrote:
> Have you tried issuing 'svcadm enable -r datalink-management' ?

        It's irrelevant, since the network-datalink-management:default
        service startup script returns errors (goes to maintenance, the
        dependent services won't be started) and the own dlmgmtd(1M)
        fails to start, I think. (require_all/no for
        network-datalink-management:default in case of
        physical:nwam/physical:default services dependencies).

> Harry Fu wrote:
>> Jan Friedel wrote:
>>>     Hi,

>>>     What does the
>>>     /etc/svc/volatile/network-datalink-management:default.log tells
>>>     you?
>>>

>> Here is the log:
>>
>> [ Jul 17 18:08:51 Enabled. ]
>> [ Jul 17 18:08:52 Executing start method ("/lib/svc/method/svc-dlmgmtd"). ]
>> [ Jul 17 18:08:52 Method "start" exited with status 95. ]
>> [ Jul 17 18:18:23 Leaving maintenance because disable requested. ]
>> [ Jul 17 18:18:23 Disabled. ]
>> [ Jul 17 18:18:31 Enabled. ]
>> [ Jul 17 18:18:31 Executing start method ("/lib/svc/method/svc-dlmgmtd"). ]
>> [ Jul 17 18:18:31 Method "start" exited with status 95. ]

        Since /lib/svc/method/svc-dlmgmtd returns only the exit status
        of /sbin/dlmgmtd, you can try to run /sbin/dlmgmtd by hand. If
        you do this with -d option, it should give you some debug
        message, why the situation happened.

        So try, `/sbin/dlmgmtd -d` and let us know.

        /j.