Xin-Feng Liu wrote:
> Hi, Alan,
> Thanks for the info.
>> (it was written by a third party whose license doesn't allow use in
>> OpenSolaris)
> Do you know why solaris has it?

Because Solaris has a license to include it, and everyone who distributes
Solaris signs a contract agreeing to the license terms.

OpenSolaris, since it allows free redistribution/mirroring by anyone,
without signing a contract, cannot include such files.

> Can we improve that?

Did you read what the manpage said about that?

> This issue makes not convenient for  developers.

We are fully, painfully, dreadfully aware of that, being developers
ourselves.   We curse lawyers every time we type "man", but yet, we
can't just ignore them.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]