I did a little bit of search and eventually found a Sun Blue Prints document
explaining steps to create a Custom Jumpstart DVD
http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0806/819-7546.pdf.

I was able to follow the steps outlined in the document, by updating
/cdrom/boot/x86.miniroot  contents:

* Replace <miniroot>/etc/sysidcfg file
* Modify profind script under: <miniroot>/usr/sbin/install.d/profind to remove
check for /tmp/.preinstall  file.

The instructions in the above document worked for me and I was able to start
jumpstart process from DVD, for a standalone system.

Is it possible to  incorporate workaround as per document  and specify the some
arguments to install program, so that it could kickoff jumpstart from DVD?

Thanks,
Suraj