I have been leading a group of writers working on a
companion to the "Getting Started" Guide. The idea
is to document some useful procedures to help configure
an OpenSolaris laptop after the OS is installed.

Please take a look at a review draft of the
"OpenSolaris 2008.05 System Administration Guide"
(OSadminguide.pdf) at:

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/indiana/files/

We have been working on this book for a couple of weeks,
so we haven't had time to complete all sections or polish
the content yet, but the current content should give you an idea of
what we have decided to cover. In particular, the chapter about
"Useful Commands" has not been worked on yet. Also, the links to
docs.sun.com aren't working.

I need to deliver this book for the Back To School Kit before August 8th,
so please send me comments by COB on Wednesday 8/6.  We will be
developing this book further after the 8th for the 2008.11 release,
so there will be more time for comments later. For now:

1) send any corrections to me or to the alias if discussion is needed
2) tell me about any procedures that we should add
3) please give me suggestions for a better book title

Many thanks for your time and comments.

-Kathy