frank Che wrote:
> Have you tried the 'myk' driver from
> http://homepage2.nifty.com/mrym3/taiyodo/eng/index.html ?
Thanks for this pointer.  In summary, both the yukonx driver and the
skge driver crash in the attach routine with a NULL pointer
dereference.  This is annoyingly difficult to get around with the lack
of any failsafe boot mode.  (Boot from CD, zpool import, mount, remove
driver, ...)

The myk driver starts to work, but appears to give up sending after a
while, around 30Kb :-)  I'd like to re-compile for GLDv3, but can't
because of a missing <sys/mac.h>, does anyone know where this might live
?  `pkg search -r sys/mac.h' (on another machine, already upgraded to
nv94, and with ss-dev installed) comes up with a bunch of packages, but
none of the un-installed ones look relevant.  Is it one of the headers
that isn't opened yet ?

Looks like I'm back to wireless for now, I'll try upgrading to nv94
first (failed last time), and retry the myk driver, which looks the most
solid.  At least it doesn't stop the machine from booting.

>> I've just got a new laptop, a Toshiba Satellite Pro P300, and I was
>> kind of hoping to install OpenSolaris on it dual boot with Windows.
>> I've successfully installed OS2008-05 on it, and it's doing pretty
>> well, but doesn't recognize the ethernet card.  This presents itself
>> as a
>>
>> Marvell Technology Group Ltd
>> 0x11ab 0x436c
>>
>> to scanpci.  From the Marvell site, I downloaded and installed the
>> yukonx driver, which caused the machine to crash on reboot (NULL
>> pointer dereference in the attach routine).  I've just tried the skge
>> driver from http://www.skd.de/e_en, and the machine has hung solidly
>> after doing
>>
>> update_drv -a -i '"pci11ab,436c"' skge
Rob

--
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]               PHONE:  +44 24 7652 3037
Rob McMahon, IT Services, Warwick University, Coventry, CV4 7AL, England