> Same for me after installing package SUNWtoo, and the fact that they have
> removed the failsafe from the 05/08 version makes this one hell of a disaster.

Before trying to install SUNWtoo, did you follow the steps documented
at the front of the release notes (labeled "Important Package Update
Instructions for ALL Users")

        http://opensolaris.org/os/project/indiana/resources/rn3/

Unfortunately, there was a critical issue in the packaging system as
shipped on the 2008.05 CD which can lead to the wrong version of
packages being installed on the system.  Following the three steps
outlined in the release notes will go a long way towards avoiding the
issue that I believe you're seeing.

dsc