Hi,

Paresh Devalekar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one requirement, where I have to check, whether machine is physical or
> VM (virtual machine)?
>
> Anyone have idea, how to know it? Is there is any command or function which
> can give me this info?

Is this with a specific virtualization product, eg Solaris xVM on x86?  Even
then it
is not easy to distinguish.  If the guest is paravirtualized then it's easy
enough
(eg see xvm(5) manpage).  If you're a fully virtualized guest even the OS may
have little or no idea that it is virtualized, although it can get some
indication by performing various experiments.

Cheers

Gavin