On 08/11/08 14:06, Sandy Stewart wrote:
> My team would like to request that the Storage Community sponsor a project to
> release the Sun KMS 2.0 API as an Open Source Module.
>
> The intent of this project is to make available to any partner, the protocol
> by which an arbitrary encryption agent can receive encryption keys in a
> secure and authenticated manner from the Sun KMS 2.0.
>
> Having never gone through this process before, we ask the Group's indulgence
> and advice in how to complete this process successfully.

Hi Sandy,

As the storage community facilitator I'll be happy to work with you.
Being that this API is also security related, I would suspect it would
also be good to get the security community involved. I'll contact you
directly to set up a time to chat and start the process and determine
what other communities might need to be involved.

      --jc

---
Jeff Cheeney | OpenSolaris Storage Community |
http://opensolaris.org/os/storage | http://blogs.sun.com/icedawn