Ian Collins wrote:
> Ben Rockwood writes:
>>
>> Upgrades get even easier if you put filesystems like /opt or
>> /usr/local on the zpool.  Post-install just mount /opt and /usr/local
>> from the zpool (zfs set mountpoint=/usr/local pool/local && zfs mount
>> -a).  I frequently upgrade my Nevada boxes (read: reinstall) and ZFS
>> makes like a lot simpler.
>>
> /usr/local ??
> Do you move every thing from /opt?  I tend to keep the directories
> that came with the install in the BE (so they get upgraded) and ZFS
> mount anything I install (csw, studio 12 etc.).

Sorry for the second post....

I should point out that the one consideration for CSW or even
non-Express Studio releases is that toasting the /var/sadm package data
will cause you problems.  I personally don't care about the integrity of
the package database... that drives a lot of people crazy, but I take
freedom over antiquated thinking.  Worst case, re-installing CSW is
quick and easy.

benr.