Hello Allan,

Thursday, August 21, 2008, 11:15:02 AM, you wrote:

A> Hi,
A> I am a new to dtrace and have a little question I am hoping you could clear
up.
A> When I run the following I command I get the ouput of the file
A> which is being stat by ftsat64, when I quantize this what reference is the
Value field using

A> dtrace -n
A> syscall::fstat64:entry'[EMAIL PROTECTED](arg0)}'

A>   /opt/VRTSperl/lib/5.8.6/vars.pm
A>            value  ------------- Distribution ------------- count
A>                2 |                                         0
A>                4 |@@@                                      4
A>                8 |@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@    42
A>               16 |                                         0
A>
A>   /usr/lib/iconv/alias
A>            value  ------------- Distribution ------------- count
A>                4 |                                         0
A>                8 |@@@@@                                    3
A>               16 |@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@      21
A>               32 |                                         0
A>
A>   /opt/VRTSperl/lib/5.8.6/Carp.pm
A>            value  ------------- Distribution ------------- count
A>                2 |                                         0
A>                4 |@@@@@@@@@                                12
A>                8 |@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@          42
A>               16 |                                         0
A>
A>   <unknown>
A>            value  ------------- Distribution ------------- count
A>               -1 |                                         0
A>                0 |@@                                       16
A>                1 |@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@                         112
A>                2 |@@@@@@                                   42
A>                4 |@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@                         116
A>                8 |                                         0

A> Just looking for some pointers really on what this would relate to.

Above example doesn't make much sense - you are getting a quantization
on file descriptor number across all processes in a system - not
really helpful I guess.

What are you trying to achieve?

I also suggest to ask this question at dtrace discussion list.

--
Best regards,
 Robert Milkowski                           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]