F. Visser wrote:
> I installed a 8 disk NAS server with OpenSolaris 2008.5 (updated to B95).
> All is working fine and I control the NAS server, with remote login, from an
> another PC (Microsoft Vista machine) with Xmanager.
> The NAS server has no mouse, keyboard & monitor.
> How can I logout from the NAS server and re-login later to the same session?
> Just like RDP on Windows machines where you can disconnect without closing
> your session and so you can login to the same session later.
> Is this possible and if so how can I do this?

Since Xmanager on your PC is acting as the X server in that case,
there's nowhere for the session to keep running.   It sounds like
what you want to use instead is Xvnc on the OpenSolaris box as your
X server, so that the session runs there, even when the PC is
disconnected, and then connect to it with a Windows VNC client such
as RealVNC.

You can find more details on these at:
- http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-2450/gfwcu?l=en&a=view&q=Xvnc
  (though that documents dtlogin, and OpenSolaris has gdm instead)
- http://blogs.sun.com/darren/entry/vnc_for_opensolaris_2008_05
  http://blogs.sun.com/timthomas/entry/a_simple_vnc_server_and
  (which document gdm/OpenSolaris)

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]