Hi,

shelly wrote:
> While  building opensolaris source , I got following mail on completion of
> build.
>
> Can somebody tell me whether this error effects my installation of the new
> kernel  image. As the built kernel image is not booting. There were no
> further warnings or errors in the mail.
>
> Thanks in advance for help.
>

> ==== lint warnings src ====
>
> "/usr/include/floatingpoint.h", line 182: warning: function argument declared
> inconsistently: file_to_decimal(
> arg 7) in llib-lm:floatingpoint.h(182) struct __FILE * and
> floatingpoint.h(182) struct __FILE * (E_INCONS_ARG_
> DECL2)
> lint: Fatal error in /opt/SUNWspro/prod/bin/lint2
> lint: Process table full - try again later

lint failures won't affect the integrity of your archives, but I'd be
suspicious that the
apparent resource issues you hit during compile may have caused an incomplete
build (this
can happen without nightly giving a failure indication if you hit resource
control
limits that simply kill offending processes).

I don't think lint or any other application can readily tell that the kernel
process
"table" is full, so that may be an error purely internal to lint.  What does/did
a ps -ef show, or 'ls /proc | wc' - the expected hundred+ processes, or
thousands -
if the latter are there lots of zombie processes around?

If you have applied any resource controls to your project it could perhaps
explain this error.  Check /etc/project and 'prctl -i pid $$' in a shell
and ulimit -a for any unreasonably low values.

Cheers

Gavin