> I have downloaded os200805 twice 1 with SDM and 2
> with DAP.

Firefox is more reliable for such downloads than anything else you have access
to.

> I have burnt it using sonic record now 7.3
> and cd burner xp pro 4.2 in the iso image. I have
> done these several times and ruined a bunch of discs.

The file you downloaded is an "image".  To burn it properly you must burn it
*as an image*.  Your CD burning software probably has several drop-down menus
and one of them will almost certainly refer to "image".

> works. Does the open solaris live cd act like the
> ubuntu, I mean that you run it ,use it and if you
> like it you can hit the install and if you want it
> can take over the whole hd?

Yes, it is very similar in that respect.  However, you may also use only part
of your HDD.
If you have a sufficiently large capacity HDD you can partition it in order to
install both Windows and OpenSolaris.  The WinXP installation procedure enables
you to do this.

But be certain to install Windows *first*, then OpenSolaris.  Windows will
restore its own MBR and mark only the Windows partition active.

> iI think ubuntu
> might have messed up the MBR I had to run the
> recovery to repair it.

Ubuntu placed its own boot loader, called GRUB, into the MBR and OpenSolaris
will do that also.  But it should also provide a menu option for booting either
OpenSolaris or Windows in a dual boot configuration.

> Even with the MBR a little
> messed up one of the cd's I burned should have run on
> this one that hasn't had any problems.

Not if you simply burned the file to CD.  It must be burned *as an image*.

> Someone mentioned that I get the single DVD download

There is no DVD image of OpenSolaris.  There are DVD images of Solaris Express
and Solaris, which are *not* the same as OpenSolaris.