Hello,
I am new to the ZFS scene and am very close to purchasing hardware to support
my home storage needs and will be using opensolars and zfs.  I plan on keeping
the Operationg System and Data Storge needs in different pools, and will follow
the best practices guide closely.  I've read that I can move my disks using the
Zpool export feature.  However, what if the motherboard or controller fails and
I need to move my data to another machine.

How would I import the pool onto another machine if a zpool export could not
have been done because of, say, a motherboard failure.  I think I rmember
seeing it can be done even without the export?