Hi,

I'm trying to change my uid through edit /etc/passwd. Also I did 'chown
-R halton /export/home/halton'. After logout and login, there are lots
errors. gnome-sessoin, gnome-panel, iiim-panel will report error message
like:

Window manager warning: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit,
or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: IOR
file '/var/tmp/gconfd-halton/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no
gconfd located: Permission denied 2: IOR file
'/var/tmp/gconfd-halton/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
located: Permission denied)

There is no gconfd running.

Any idea?

-Halton.