Hi everyone

I have a host installed with NIS+ client. There is a user named jsn in
NIS server.  His login shell is /bin/true. So he can not log on my
host by default. Now I wanna grant his access so I added following
line into /etc/passwd.

+jsn::::::/bin/tcsh

However, sometimes he is still unable to log on my host. To debug, I
wrote a test binary using getpwnam to grab the user info and then
check pw->pw_shell. To my surprise, the value for pw_shell is rather
unstable. Sometimes it is /bin/tcsh (login is ok), sometimes it is
/bin/true (login fails).

How can I dig deeper on this weird issue? This issue almost drives me crazy.