Milan Jurik wrote:
Hi,

Pawel Wojcik píše v po 22. 09. 2008 v 14:07 -0700:
Joerg,

I do not know if VT8237R is ahci-compliant - it was not yet verified
to work with the Solaris ahci driver (VT8251 was verified).
Is BIOS mentioning somewhere AHCI mode?
Using Knopix, find the pci vendor id/device id of this controller. You
can try to add /etc/driver_aliases file either ahci "pci1106,0591" (providing that this is correct vid/did
value)
or, a bit dangerous,
ahci "pciclass, 010400"

IF this chip is ahci-compliant, it may work, considering that ahci
driver does not explicitly check vendor id. The caveat is, that you
may have to further exeperiment with RAID settings to let system BIOS
see unconfigured devices.
There will be no RAID operation in Solaris, but if the BIOS can see
individual disks that are not configured into RAID volumes and such
disks may be considered as boot device, AND Solaris ahci driver really
works with this chipset, then you my be able to used attached disks.
This, however, is by no means a general solution to deal with software
RAID controllers.

-Pawel
P.S. Let me know, if this works.

In my case no:

update_drv -a -i 'pci1106,3149' ahci

NOTICE: ahci0: hba AHCI version = 0.0
WARNING: ahci0: Don't support AHCI HBA with lower than version 1.0

Best regards,

Milan

Hi Milan,

VT6420 SATA RAID controller doesn't support AHCI mode at all, so you can only try to attach it with pci-ide/ata driver.

Thanks,
- ying -