My understanding is that xVM Server will support the VMware disk image formats VMDK & VHD[1], so I suppose from my 5 second read of ShadowProduct, you can use ShadowProtect to convert your physical instance into a virtual instance, and then import that virtual instance into xVM Server.

--joe

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_xVM

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [osol-discuss] Xen virtualization
Date:   Tue, 7 Oct 2008 14:43:51 -0400
From:   Brian Rosenfelt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     <opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org>

We are relatively new to Opensolaris, but are trying to create a lightweight platform to restore Windows servers into in case of a disaster or server failure. We are using ShadowProtect to make backup images of the windows servers. Our question is: can we somehow restore those images (or convert them) so we could run the Windows server in a virtualized environment on Opensolaris?

Thanks,

Brian