Tal Tamir wrote:
> I noticed there are built in drivers that just work for most video cards and
> IGPs, but the driver for the AMD 3450 does not work properly, it has
> artifacts, shaking, it fails to enable visual effects, and it is limited to a
> low resolution.

Enabling 3-D effects requires a driver that supports 3-D acceleration.
That is only available for nvidia, intel, and older ATI graphics (the
R300 & R400 series, approximately Radeon 9500 through Radeon X1100).

Radeon 3450 is far too new to be supported by the open source DRI
drivers we use for 3-D acceleration for Radeon graphics.

At least some varients of it (PCI device id 0x95C5) are listed as having
2-D driver support in the radeonhd driver we ship with Xorg, but I don't
know how good that support is.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]