On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Rob Johnston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This sort of information *may* be encoded in the SMBIOS records.
> Unfortunately, the quality and completeness of SMBIOS data varies quite
> a bit from vendor to vendor.
>
> You can dump the SMBIOS records for DIMMs (if present) with the
> following command:
>
> % smbios -t SMB_TYPE_MEMDEVICE
>
> rob
>
> Mike DeMarco wrote:
>> Is there any way to tell what speed memory is installed in a host.
>>
>> I need to know if my DDR memory is pc3200 or pc2700
>>
>> Thanks
>> --
>> This message posted from opensolaris.org

Okay, that's true.
Although prtdiag's output also relies on SMBIOS's data structures.

It does not even to support a recent Sun Workstation, my Ultra 20 from 2006:

# prtdiag -v
prtdiag: failed to open SMBIOS: System does not export an SMBIOS table
# uname -a
SunOS Ultra-20 5.11 snv_95 i86pc i386 i86pc
#

Maybe this could be fixed by means of a Bios update, maybe not.
Don't know, I hardly use x86.

%martin