On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 12:07 PM, john g4lt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm going to go ahead and invoke the definition of insanity at this
> point: doing the same action multiple times and expecting differing
> results.  This is the third thread you've hijacked or actually started
> about suspending in the last 24 hours.  Either way, enough is enough.
> either you already have an answer or there is none.  You cannot defend
> the fact that your trivial problem is in no way deserving of three
> threads, much less a single one, given that the only point of a
> [open]solaris-on-laptop is undertaken by the awesomeness of gdamore
> and possibly naturetech.  While I am the first to issue props to
> gdamore and his ex-employer for solaris laptops, realize that gdamore,
> although an awesome mortal, is still a mortal.  The short answer on
> suspend-on-closing of a laptop "yeah, it's being worked on".  The long
> answer is that suspend itself is barely a year old in solaris and that
> it may take a bit to get to your standards.  The secondary answer to
> your query is "great, it will be there as soon as you show the code to
> someone who can commit".  Either sign a contributor agreement or
> convince someone who already has to audit your code, or wait until
> someone who has done the previous to commit code to do what you wish.
> That's the joy and pain of opensource: the only person to blame for a
> [lack of] feature is your own.  The br'er patch is that way, br'er
> rabbit, have fun.
>

> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 7:54 AM, kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> After 20 hours' effort, I finally installed SXCE on my laptop. It's not that
>> nice-looking and user-friendly like opensolaris. I met so lot of troubles,
>> firstly it has problem with my ethernet card, then the netbeans and sun
>> studio have some troubles with java platform.
>>
>> Anyway, it works pretty well now.
>>
>> Well, my question is, can solaris turn standby after i close the cover of my
>> laptop, just like xp and ubuntu?
>>
>> I tried a little, it seems solaris just turn the screen black, without shut
>> down the screen and disk.
>> --
>> This message posted from opensolaris.org

g4lt, you take a bit too many things, confuse them and out them into
one pot. Why are you ranting against Kevin?
The OP Kevin is most probably not a user of a Tadpole or Naturetech.
He mentioned XP and Ubuntu ...
Also: Suspend in Solaris is less than a year old? Interesting. I use
to suspend my SPARC systems since about 12 years.
Further Garret is not the only one, on my side I got the Xorg server
working on them (even though Garret has done 2^64 way more for the
Tadpole project). A nice Sunday.

%martin