Hi all,

As I want to know when one of the disks in our fileserver is faulty, I
have it run "fmadm faulty" through cron so I can get informed when
something goes down (ie a disk).

So far it hasn't produced any output until today when I get this:

--------------- ------------------------------------  --------------
---------
TIME            EVENT-ID                              MSG-ID
SEVERITY
--------------- ------------------------------------  --------------
---------
Nov 03 11:40:16 9b069e20-9ea9-6169-ff93-ede7701ef800  SUNOS-8000-1L  Minor

Fault class : defect.sunos.eft.undiagnosable_problem

Description : The EFT Diagnosis Engine encountered telemetry for which it is
              unable to produce a diagnosis.  Refer to
              http://sun.com/msg/SUNOS-8000-1L for more information.

Response    : Error reports from the component will be logged for
examination
              by Sun.

Impact      : Automated diagnosis and response for these events will not
occur.

Action      : Run pkgchk -n SUNWfmd to ensure that fault management
software is
              installed properly. Contact Sun for support.

It obviously doesn't provide (me) with that much information, so does
anyone know how or if I can trace this and replace hardware if necessary
before the pool goes down?

Thanks

Matt