Hi.

2008/11/15 John Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Michael Schmarck wrote:
>>
>> BTW: Where's the xorg.conf file? In /var/log/Xorg.0.log, I find a mentioning
>> to the effect that there's no configuration file - so, I guess, the question
>> is rather, where should it be, if one has to create one?
>>

> /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Thanks, just like in Linux.

> A lot of work went into autoconfiguration so that single screen users
> would not need to create one.

Yep. As far as that's concerned, Linux seems to be easier, though,
because there no configuration file is needed (at least not just for
setting the Compose key).

What would be the non-config file, single screen user
approach in Solaris? Add something to ~/.xinitrc, which
calls xmodmap or "setkbmap -options compose:caps"?
Would that be "the Solaris way"?

Or is there an easier way, which does not involve
editing a config file (with a text editor, at least *g*)?

Thanks,
Mike