On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Mike Kerpan <mjker...@kerpan.com> wrote:
> Having decided that I'd really like to be able watch videos and listen to
> music in formats that such things tend to exists in, I tried to compile the
> latest (0.10.6) version of the FFMPEG GStreamer plugin. Sadly, however, the
> configure script fails to find Gstreamer as even existing, despite the fact
> that a full set of libraries and headers exists in the proper places. I'm
> using the GNU toolchain (GCC, GNU ld, etc) for this as I've heard it tends to
> work better for stuff originally from the Linux world. Is there any way to
> get this to work?

Mike,

I've built the various additional GStreamer plugins using SFE
repository. That includes FFmpeg plugin too. I think your build is
failing because the latest source are a bit ahead of the GStreamer
base, integrated into Nevada. Anyway, I can share my packages if
anyone desire.

P.S. I am not sure opensolaris-bugs is the right place to discuss
that, so I CC'ed opensolaris-discuss instead.
--
Regards,
        Cyril