Thanks folks for your input.
Yes, at first Sun EOL'ed the SPARC Desktop. No wonder that more and
more application vendors will drop that great platform, too.
One after another will do    :-(
Instead of EOL'ing the U45 and U25, Sun should have thought twice
about their pricing (un-)policies.

They wanted it, now they get it.
Unfortunately at the cost of some of their year-long loyal SUN*W*
SPARC customers (those who still need SPARC for misc. reasons).

%martin