I believe it is a mistake to concentrate on the GNU coreutils tools.
Opensolaris would alienate users from OSX and BSD platforms with an
API which roughly changes every six months. It'd be better if
Opensolaris starts its own Solaris coreutils project than being at the
GNU maintainers ''mercy''.

Irek