Here're my favs off the top of my head:
Between Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and RHEL 5 /bin/tail changed,
breaking the JRE.
Output of /bin/ls changed between RHEL 3 and 4, using tab as
separator. Between RHEL 4 and 5 tab was removed again.
Names and spelling of long options changes. The GNU coreutils
developers can't even find a consensus whether American English or
British English is the prevalent form of English. A mass rename of
options between RHEL 3, 4 and 5 was the result.

Irek